Saturday, May 13, 2006

It is well, With my soul

There was this guy. He had 5 kids and a wonderful wife. His only son, who was 4, he lost because of scarlet fever. The other 4, obviously girls, and his wife were on a ship one day to meet up with him. Well, the ship wrecked with another ship, and sadly he lost his 4 girls. His wife survived. Later, he and his wife were on their way to another place, and the captain of the ship called him aside and said that they were now passing over the place where the other ship had gone down. The man went to his cabin, but found it hard to sleep. He said to himself "It is well; the will of God be done."

When peace like a river, attendeth my way. When sorrows like sea billows roll; Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say "It is well, It is well, with my soul." My sin, O the bliss of this glorious tho't, My sin not in part but the whole is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more. Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, O my soul! O, Lord haste the day when my faith shall be sight, The clouds be rolled back as a scroll; The trump shall resound and the Lord shall decend, "Even so" it is well with my soul. It is well, with my soul, It is well, It is well, with my soul.

Fabulous!

3 comments:

Heather said...

It's a lovely song too--I like it a lot ;-) sounded very nice Jess

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»