Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentines Day

In the Middle Ages, young men and women drew names from a bowl to see who their valentines would be. They would wear these names on their sleeves for one week. To wear your heart on your sleeve now means that it is easy for other people to know how you are feeling.

Wow, Valentines day. Crazy isn't it? Good crazy. A fun kind of crazy. I enjoy it. :)

Today while working, I know there were at least 50 vases of flowers delivered to the students. Thats exciting! You know the feeling. . . you find a dozen roses or an assortment of great flowers, and they are for you. From someone special. The faces of the ones who came to pick them up were happy. That inner joy comes out from something as simple as a flower.

I enjoyed my day. I went to my classes and worked, and then babysat the greatest kids in the world, got in yet another big arguement with my sister. . .yeah, I enjoyed my day. But all the same, just another day in the neighborhood.

Interview weekend is this weekend. I am super excited. I get to see one of my favorite people! I just pray it goes well and that I can be placed in a job that will best fit for the plans for the summer.

Well, I guess that is pretty much it. . . living life day to day, trying not to worry about things of the past or things of the future, but just today. Tomorrow, I will think about tomorrow. Life will get better. Just gotta take it one step at a time.

Fabulous!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Interview weekend, well I hope you feel prepared. I'm sure you will do well and that it will be an amazing summer for you!!