Tuesday, August 07, 2007

God. . . and Port City Java (Part 1)

This has been an amazing summer. Sad to say we only have two weeks left. Two weeks. We started with about 12.

It has been a long but exciting summer. The beginning did not start out as well as I had hoped; definitely all my fault. But, all in all, there were a whole lot of tears, a whole lot of talking, and a whole lot of love. No worries. What seems like it can tear us down can only make us stronger.

God has been amazing. I learn more and more every day about him and his love and mercy . . . especially working with the children. There can be great days, and there can be tough days. But what is amazing about the tough days is that there is always one small simple reminder from a hug or from a comment from one of the children that allows me to know that I am still doing what I am here to do; still working in the place I was put.

I have really had an amazing summer. My walk has become greater, and even stronger with Rob as we put our Maker in the center. God has been my stronghold while Port City Java has been my fall back. Their coffee is probably the only thing that can make my day 10 times better than it already is . . . speaking of that . . . coffee break.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am dating the most amazing guy ever. You should be jealous.  The heart that he has beats anything I have ever seen. His compassion for me, my family, my friends, and even the things of my passion, has been the most amazing ever. It is pretty awesome when I can get a comment about our relationship and how we both do not seemed to be so wrapped up in each other, but is wrapped up in Him. My goal is for my walk to be in the right place with my Maker so that I can be who I need to be for Rob.

Sooo, some exciting news . . . I am going to be transferring in the Fall! I left this past semester from Campbell and headed to Caswell with a mindset that I was going to send in applications and get accepted within one summer. Guess what!? I put in an application to UNC Wilmington and UNC Greensboro, and will be attending UNC Wilmington in about 2 and half weeks!! Very very excited about that! Now I just have to find a place to live, which honestly I know will fall into place!

But anyway, I hope this was enough to catch you up! Hopefully I will let you know more soon!!

Fabulous!

1 comment:

Lyrical One said...

I am glad your summer was a good one. I miss seeing you. Boy-boy is definitely impressed with rob (as is just about everyone else who has spent any time with him!) Glad to hear you are keeping God in the center of it. There is something to be said about a relationship which inspires you to follow Christ instead of distracting you from Him! (who knew?) Enjoy your new home away from home. I know the family will miss seeing you as often. Miss you, girl. M